If you were injured in an automobile accident, you may be overwhelmed by phone calls, letters and forms from insurance adjusters, and trying to decide what to do and when to do it. An experienced Massachusetts car attorney such as Bob Allison can help you with many of the concerns you may have following an accident and allow you to focus on your recovery.
Benefits of Hiring An Attorney
If you retain an experienced car accident attorney, you will receive the following services and benefits:
- Free initial consultation: Most attorneys offer a free initial consultation to prospective clients.
- Investigation: An attorney’s investigation may include obtaining police reports, photos of the scene and of the car(s) involved in the accident, procuring witness statements, and various other documents.
- Claims: Your attorney will advise you as to what types of auto accident claims you may pursue.
- Working with Insurance Companies: An experienced Massachusetts car accident attorney will work with adjusters from the insurance companies providing coverage for your personal injury claim.
- Property Damage: An attorney can help you with property damage and car rental claims without charging an additional fee.
- Research: Your attorney will research any legal or medical issues that arise.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP): If you are injured in a car accident, you will probably pursue a PIP claim. PIP insurance coverage is available to pay up to $8,000.00 for medical bills and lost wages. Many attorneys will process your PIP for no additional fee if they are representing you in a bodily injury claim.
- Finding Experts: If necessary, the attorney will retain the services of qualified experts.
- Evaluating and Negotiating Claims: An experienced attorney knows how to evaluate and negotiate with the insurance company.
- Keep You Informed: Most attorneys keep their clients fully informed.
- Initiating a Lawsuit: If a fair and just settlement cannot be achieved, the attorney will file a lawsuit against the defendant, aggressively pursue your claim and, if necessary, go to trial.
No Fee Unless Successful
A car accident attorney receives NO FEE UNLESS SUCCESSFUL in obtaining compensation for you. In Massachusetts, the law requires attorneys and their clients to sign Contingent Fee Agreements which state:
- The attorney’s fee is contingent upon the attorney obtaining compensation for their client;
- The amount of the contingency (usually 1/3);
- That any out-of-pocket costs incurred by the attorney are to be reimbursed from the settlement or award.
Know what to expect when you hire a car accident attorney so you’ll know what questions to ask and feel more confident in your experience.
Call Now For A Free Consultation
Contact Attorney Bob Allison if you were injured in a car accident. You may call him at 978-740-9433 or fill out our online contact form. We will set up a free consultation with you to discuss your case.