Dog Bite and Attack Statistics
The following statistics show that dog bites and attacks are a major problem in the United States:
- About 4.5 million people are bitten by dogs each year (Center for Disease Control and Prevention);
- About 885,000 people require medical attention for dog bite injuries (CDC);
- In 2006, more than 31,000 people underwent reconstructive surgery because of dog bite injuries (CDC);
- The injury rate is higher for children aged 5-9 years (American Humane Association);
- 30% of dog attacks involve children under 12 years old (AHA);
- Approximately 92% of fatal dog attacks involved male dogs, 94% of which were not neutered (AHA);
- Approximately 25% of fatal attacks involved chained dogs (AHA).
If your child will be around a dog, educate your child on how to behave around dogs, supervise your child, and don’t leave infants and young children alone with a dog.
Call Now for a Free Consultation
If you or a family member have been injured by a dog bite or attack, obtain a copy of our Free Book, 7 Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Personal Injury Claim. In addition, you can contact Attorney Bob Allison for a free consultation by calling 978-740-9433 or by filling out our free consultation form. We look forward to talking to you about your claim.