Each year, bicyclists sustain serious injuries in bicycle accidents.
Here are some statistics about bicyclists injuries caused by traffic accidents:
- Every year, more than 500,000 people in the United States are treated in emergency departments because of bicycle related injuries. (Centers for Disease Control CDC)
- 618 bicyclists were killed in motor vehicle crashes in 2011. (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration NHTSA)
- The age ground of 14 and under accounts for 9% of those fatalities. (NHTSA)
- About 12% of the bicyclists killed in traffic crashes in 2008 were between 5 and 18 years old. (NHTSA)
- Alcohol involvement in either the driver or bicyclist was reported in 37% of traffic crashes that resulted in bicyclist fatalities. (NHTSA)
By following simple safety rules, bicyclists and motorists can greatly reduce the incidence of traffic crashes and serious injuries.
Call Now for a Free Consultation
If you or a loved one were injured in a bicycle accident, obtain a copy of our Free Report, Some Straight Talk About Insurance Companies and Your Car Accident Claim. In addition, you can contact Attorney Bob Allison now for a free consultation by calling 978-740-9433 or filling out our free consultation form. We look forward to talking to you about your claim.